Thanks so much to Tammy of The Blogging Bradleys for passing on the Beautiful Blogger Award to Girls Trek Too. What a delightful honor, which I can’t wait to pass on. But first, this new tradition dictates that the recipient list 10 things that others might not know about him or her. So here goes…
10 Things You Might Not Know About Me
1. I don’t like to cook, but I like to bake. When I have time to bake, I love to make fruit pies with the vegetable-oil crust my grandmother used to make. My favorite is plum pie.
2. My paternal grandmother raised me. I call her “Mom.”
3. I hate cilantro. To me it tastes like soap or a dirty dish sponge.
4. I talk in my sleep.
5. I used to perform in community theatre during high school and college. I even got a minor Hollywood agent and tried to break into professional acting. I never got a gig, but I’ll never forget my Taco Bell audition: “Taco Bell has put 40 bites into this plate of Nachos Bell Grande, each one delicious, each one different, and once you taste them… gotcha!”
6. I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was 4. I recognized Mom’s handwriting on one of my “Santa” presents. When I told another girl that Santa Claus was “just her parents,” her mother told me off.
7. I refuse to eat at McDonald’s, and not only because my first job was at McDonald’s. But don’t get me started…
8. One of my pet peeves is when I say hello to people or smile at them and they don’t say hello or smile back.
9. I bowled in junior leagues from the time I was about 8 until I was about 16. My final average was 164.
10. I’m an NPR junkie.
Now, on to the moment you’ve been waiting for. Here are my 10 winners for the Beautiful Blogger Award:
You all have blogs that rock! Congratulations.