Ready to Write Your Story?
Let Cara Lopez Lee support you with expert editing or coaching!
Cara has more than 20 years of professional writing experience. She has written, edited, and collaborated on more than twenty books. She has also written a variety of stories, essays, and other projects for literary journals, TV, radio, and live performances. Her expertise encompasses many genres, including: memoir, novel, personal essay, oral storytelling, business, leadership, and personal growth. Cara can also assist you in preparing high caliber book proposals and queries.
Cara has mentored and supported fellow writers throughout her career. She has served as a professional writing coach and writing workshop leader since 2011, both independently and for such organizations as Lighthouse Writers Workshop, Denver Woman's Press Club, Pikes Peak Writers Conference, and SOMOS Taos. Her students range from eight to ninety-three, beginner to published, fiction to nonfiction. Cara also helps writers and storytellers reach the next level in public speaking, live readings, and oral storytelling. Let Cara help you unleash the story inside you that's burning to be told.
Please Contact Cara for a rate quote.
Cara's Career Highlights
OTHER PUBLISHED OR PERFORMED WORK
- Turbine Arts Collective, Pre-Valentine's Show – The Hooker Bully, live storytelling – 2021
- SlackJaw, Medium – Never Kill a Dog or Cat in Your Novel, satire – 2020
- Writing for Peace (DoveTales) – Disaster Pants, essay – 2020
- Two Truths and a Lie, Podcast #97: Bosses – Cara Gets a Reporting Job, live storytelling – 2019
- Two Truths and a Lie, Podcast #83: Cheats – Baby Thumbelina, live storytelling – 2018
- KPCC In Person, Unheard L.A., Episode #5 – Shelly and The 105, live storytelling – 2018
- Two Truths and a Lie, Podcast #47: Cheats – The Kayak Affair, live storytelling – 2017
- No Extra Words, Podcast #81: You Looking at Me? – The Afternoon Sleepwalk, flash fiction – 2017
- Manifest-Station & Long Story Short – Smelly Make This Bed, essay – 2017
- 50-Word Stories – The Showstopper, flash fiction – 2016
- Pangyrus – Tiny Destroyer of Worlds, creative nonfiction – 2015
- Rivet Journal – Which Words Come Last, creative nonfiction – 2014
- Connotation Press – Subterranean, creative nonfiction – 2014
- PlatteForum, Denver – Homes Within, Communities Without – short film – Writer/Producer – 2010
- Denver Post
- Hot, Steamy: Yellowstone's Geysers Shoot Magic, travel article – 2007
- Back in Time: Canyon of the Ancient Ones, travel article – 2007
- Los Angeles Times – The Parasites of Paradise, travel article – 2003
- Santa Fe New Mexican & Rocky Mountain News – Worldwide Wanderer, travel series – 2000
Cara has assisted other authors with writing and/or editing more than 20 books, including: